DevOps is an approach to culture, automation, and platform designed to deliver increased business value. It is possible through fast-paced, iterative IT service delivery. DevOps means linking legacy apps cloud- apps and infrastructure.
DevOps is the combination of development and operations, which has broadened to an umbrella for the processes, culture utilized to shorten the software development lifecycle.
Benefits of DevOps
You can add great value to your organization through several benefits such as:
- Faster Code Delivery
- Faster time to market
- Improved collaboration between developers and operations
- Decreased time to resolution for fixing bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Higher-quality software
- To make up to market demands, DevOps develops a culture which brings together business, development and operations together for improved responsiveness.
DevOps tools cover a range of processes within the software development life cycle:
- Define and Planning- It focuses on developing DevOps workflows for iterations, release management and issue tracking.
- Code, build and configure – This range of DevOps works on code development and review source code management.
- Test- To maintain the best quality of deploys to production, the testing verifies the quality of the software release and codes are maintained throughout the development process.
- Packaging – Once the product is ready for the deployment, these activities are released and it is also referred to as preproduction.
- Deployment and Orchestration- The final step of releasing the software which usually involves change management, release approvals, automation and production.
- Continuous management, configuration and Monitoring- It reports application performance and helps to identify issues which impacts the user experience.
With modern businesses moving at the greater speeds, DevOps has become a necessary approach to software delivery. It is capable of responding rapidly to changing marketplace demands.
Under this approach, Development teams need to design, deliver and run the software while the operations team need to identify and resolve problems as soon as possible by monitoring and managing the issues. Combining this common approach across Dev and Ops with the ability to monitor and optimize as quickly as possible – you can deliver and run reliable software.