J2EE is the Java two Enterprise Edition platform created by Sun Microsystems. J2EE decides the standard for creating multi-tier enterprise applications. It is mostly used by top companies to design and develop apps. There are a number of elements that are constituted to accomplish the development project.
- Compiler: Compilers are utilized for converting source code into Java by code
- Loader: Loaders interpret the Java class files into a readable format
- JAR: An assembly of related class libraries.
- Java doc: Java doc is the documentation generator
- JDB: for documentation
The elements simplify the process of application development and help making enterprise services available instantly. The J2EE app model clearly defines the architecture for implementing different services including multi-tier apps created for ensuring scalability, accessibility, and manageability in enterprise-level applications. The app can be classified into the following tiers:
- Client Tier
- Middle Tier
- Data Tier
Client Tier: This comprises of an app such as a Web browser, stand-alone application, or any other server running on a different machine from the Java EE server, which then makes a request to it. The request is received, processed and the response is sent back to the application.
Middle Tier: It consists of business functions that address client requests and hence processes application data. It facilitates business logic and provides functionality to a specific business domain, like financial industry, e-commerce. It consists of the core functionality of process.
Data Tier: Data Tier is also referred to as enterprise information systems. Basically, it comprises of enterprise resource planning systems, legacy systems and database servers. These data resources are typically stored in a system separate from the Java EE server.
The following are some of the advantages of software development in java are:
- It supports multi-platform language as well as web-services
- It creates dynamic web applications for e commerce, e learning, polls, HTML forms processing, and much more
- It combines Java technology-based applications or services to create highly customized applications or services
- It helps to write powerful and efficient mobile application development content
J2EE enables developers to create large, reliable, scalable and secured applications known as enterprise applications. These applications are used by large corporations to overcome their IT problems.