IT industry is focusing on their investments because of server virtualization. It is the masking of server resources, which includes identity and numbers of physical servers, operating systems, processors and server users. A software application is used by server administrator to divide one physical server into many individual virtual environments. This virtualization can be a part of overall virtualization trend in an IT enterprise, which includes network virtualization, storage virtualization and work load management. This virtualization project delivers both benefits like tangible and intangible.
This virtualization technology allows many users to run on same hardware, even after same server is running on different application or on operating systems. Virtualization process allows many companies to easily share their resources and efficiently use their hardware. It also allows many organizations to reduce the number of servers an enterprise need to maintain and purchase, providing the cost savings over the hardware longevity.
Server Virtualization allows more than cost benefits, there are many small scale industries that are looking upon virtualization, as it helps small industries to grow. One of the main benefits of virtual server is that it reduces a company’s physical infrastructure and improves the server to admin ratio at the same time.
- Consolidating servers – This is the most prior and vital benefit of virtualization, which helps in consolidating the servers and save on hardware costs. By this virtualization, the servers run on different hardware where companies can consolidate their computer resources and reduce their costs.
- Space needs are reduced – By depending on the size of individuals operation, users can cut their server room by providing more room for other operations. This also means lower costs and less energy usage.
There are numerous benefits of virtual server that are mentioned below:
- Energy savings
- Space savings
- Ability to leverage unused computing capacity and space
- Hardware independence. Each instance uses its own dlls
- Easy testing platform
- Multiple OS’s on same box
- Cost savings
- Higher System Availability
With virtualized server, there is no need for many servers or related hardware. It means that a company does not require spending as much money if they virtualized with their servers. Process virtualization allows many companies to easily and efficiently allocate resources to operate the equipment. It also allows many organizations to reduce the number of servers the company needs to maintain and provides savings on the purchase of equipment longevity.